Skoog is an accessible musical instrument. A revolutionary tactile cube that will change the way you and your family enjoy, create and learn music. It’s a powerful, fun music interface for iPad that opens up a world of ‘musicplay’ to everyone, including those with disabilities.
- Skoog connects wirelessly to iPad using the Skoog App (free from the App Store on iTunes).
- Adjustable sensitivity.
- iTunes integration.
- Key detection.
- Play GarageBand instruments using the dynamic touch interface.
- Play the sounds of different instruments, using any of the Core MIDI compatible apps available for iOS (300+).
- Tactile, intuitive and robust
Skoog is an accessible musical instrument. It’s a powerful, fun music interface for iPad that opens up a world of ‘musicplay’ to everyone, including those with disabilities. Whatever your skills, abilities and musical talents, the universal design enables accessible, expressive music making for children, parents, teachers, musicians and families.
From the moment you lay eyes on Skoog you’ll want to play it. Whether you tap it, twist it or squeeze it, the Skoog senses your touch and cleverly interprets your every move to make beautiful sound. Adjustable sensitivity means that you can play Skoog intuitively with any part of your body: hands, elbows, knees or head. With Skoog, the possibilities are endless.
Lightweight and portable, it’s easy to set up and use. Connecting via Bluetooth LE or USB, the Skoog comes with its own free App or can be used as a controller for other MIDI compatible music Apps. You can jam with your favourite tracks instantly with Skoog. The App integrates with your iTunes media library or music streaming service and automatically tunes your Skoog so you can play with the music you love. This is musicplay – no experience necessary just choose a song and get playing. Creative and fun, with Skoog you play-to-learn. That’s what musicplay is all about.
- Learning, playing or creating music using an accessible interface on your iPad or Mac – whether you’re a beginner or a pro
- Inclusive music making at home on stage or in the classroom
- Working with GarageBand and Logic with an accessible performance interface
- Enabling younger users to get musically creative
- Music education
- Suitable for MLD, SLD and PMD, children with global delay, genetic conditions such as Down’s Syndrome, sensory impairments, physical/medical challenges and those with Autism
- Adjustable sensitivity to suit a wide range of physical abilities.
- Multi-dimensional tactile sensor technology means you can play using the buttons, faces, edges or corners, opening up a range of playing options using different body parts.
- Tactile orientation marker helps those with visual impairments to navigate the Skoog interface.
- The Skoog App has iTunes integration and a key detection function which means you can jam along with tracks from your music library.
- The underside of the Skoog is specially designed to work with a suction mount so you can secure your Skoog in the most accessible position.
- Built-in guided access mode to hide on screen menus and enable users to focus on playing.
What’s in the Box?
- Skoog 2.0 tactile music interface
- Micro USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Height: 15 cm
- Width: 13 cm
- Length: 13 cm
- Weight: 585 grams
Bluetooth Low Energy. iOS 7 or 8. Mac OS X v10.6 or later
Skoog is compatible with iPad models that support Bluetooth Low Energy – this includes:
- iPad 3rd Generation
- iPad 4th Generation
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- and all models running iOS 9+
Awards for Skoog:
- T3 Hot 100 2015 – The world’s hottest gadgets and tech products, brought to you by T3. Including the must-have smartphones, wearable tech, cameras and more. Skoog featured in the T3’s top 100 gadgets of 2015.
- 2013 “Excellence in Technology Award” ANCA naturallyautistic.com
- 2015 Music Teacher Awards for Excellence. Finalist in Best SEN resource category.
- 2016 Music Teacher Awards for Excellence. Finalist in Best SEN resource category: http://www.musiceducationexpo.co.uk/awards/
- 2015 Design for All. good practice Award. Universal design: http://designforall.org/morecandidate.php?id=219
Other reviews and testimonials here: http://wiki.skoogmusic.com/skoog/testimonials
Recognition for Skoog:
“The Skoog is an inspired and inspiring creation.”
Erik Knussen, Development Officer ICT Music
“Ideal for children or those unable to play normal musical instruments, the Skoog lets you make music by prodding, twisting and thwacking. It’s wipe clean, too.”
“A fun and tactile addition to any studio, classroom or home tech collection.”
“I have seen the potential of the Skoog to benefit students from every level of musical ability. The simplicity of the product makes it equally suitable for advanced musicians or beginners.”
Greg Alchin, Apple Distinguished Educator
“…one of the most exciting technological developments for disabled children and adults of any age, for some time.”
Petrina Lodge, SCOPE
“The Skoog is a brilliant musical instrument. It’s fun to play, looks and feels great and is really appealing to children and young people.”
Drake Music Southwest